Similar to any business, a calling card business also seeks high revenue, customer loyalty, and other business benefits. The secret of success for any business can be different, but there are some strategies that a business in a specific industry can use to gain business advantages and success. A calling card solution often makes it easier for businesses to generate revenue, but there are several other factors that a calling card solution provider can consider to boost business success.
In multiple ways, a business can boost revenue and retain customers. This article shares the
Top Tips and Secrets to Boosting Revenue and Customer Loyalty in a Calling Card Business.
1. Dividing revenue model into different types of fees
The only way for a business to generate ongoing revenue is through fees or charges.
The calling card business can apply different types of fees to provide the connection and ongoing services.
Some of the most common types of fees that a majority of businesses using the best VoIP calling card software apply:
- Calling card cost: A calling card can be a prepaid or postpaid card similar to a SIM card and one has to pay for the card to start leveraging the advantages of the calling card mechanism.
- Setup fee: Along with the card, a service account setup can also be charged to increase revenue from the customer. Some providers also refer to it as an activation fee, or they can add an activation fee depending on the provider and target audience.
- Usage fee: It is also referred to as a service fee. This is the cost per call. In the case of prepaid cards, the system will deduct this fee from the balance after each call. For postpaid calling cards, the system adds call costs to the customer’s bill, payable at the end of the billing cycle.
- Surcharge fee: If a calling card solution provides a calling card that is used at a public pay phone, then the provider can apply a surcharge fee.
- Daily charge: This is a daily fee deducted from the balance of the user to keep the card active and use services.
- Weekly or monthly fee: There are some calling card solution providers that charge a weekly or monthly fee for using domestic or international calling services and receiving flawless quality of calls.
- Feed based on time condition: The providers increase or decrease the cost per call depending on the time of the day. During peak hours, international call costs are higher than during nighttime, which is often free.
- Maintenance fee:Some companies apply this fee to keep the service active and provide quality calling.
- Value based usage fee: Service providers apply this charge to maintain service and offer predefined value-based services.
- Multiple call fee: Some providers define that if a caller is using VoIP calling card software, then he or she must use a certain balance in a single call. However, some consumers make more than one call and use that amount. In this case, the provider would charge a penalty fee depending on the contract with the provider.
- Minute rounding: It is another type of charge charged by the providers. If a customer disconnects the call before a full minute, we round up the charges to the next minute. For instance, if a call disconnects at 1 minute 47 seconds, we charge for 2 minutes.
Calling card service providers profit from these charges. Customers willingly pay when they get a clear breakdown and excellent service.
2. Offer value added services
A calling card company can also charge customers for value added services such as priority calling, high quality calls, etc. Some companies also offer to use added features in the calling card software or opt for value added services like a virtual assistant to receive the required help to efficiently use this VoIP calling card platform and receive exceptional customer support services. This is another way to increase revenue and keep customers happy with the service you offer.
3. Charge for upgrade and add-on
The calling card business owner can also charge clients for upgrading their existing system or account. For instance, upgrading to a higher subscription plan can result in additional charges. If a customer uses additional services like a mobile SIP dialer, the provider can charge accordingly. There can be multiple add-ons that a provider can offer to increase revenue.
Satisfied clients gladly pay strategic charges, though customers may worry about added fees and brand loyalty. All calling card solution providers charge varied fees to their clients. Thus, you can also charge different types of fees from your clients.
The quality of service and offerings can help in increasing customer loyalty even if you charge for it. Thus, there is nothing to worry about. You can keep your business running and customers happy with the best VoIP calling card platform and the right strategy.
If you are looking for reliable and feature rich calling card software, then we can help you. We have the most advanced calling card solution that can be used to run your prepaid or postpaid calling card business. It also offers an integral VoIP billing solution, which simplifies the application of different fees and charges to let you apply business strategies to make money and retain customers. To know more about our solution and to talk to our business team, contact us.